There is always the talk about violations against women by physical force,
much underrepresented are the third of more abstract violations against men,
but I would like to address a much more subtle aspect of aggression we all have to endure:
The violations insensitive people cause by simply not being aware of the more subtle realm of the psyche, nature, or spirituality. Active examples, which can explain social phobias, are:
- The constant noise all kinds of traffic and machines force us to endure,
- The bawling of hooligans, alcoholics, party goers or sometimes demonstrators,
- The blaming street-pressure to conform to social norms;
- and of course any criminal who steals, forcing locks and rules on anyone.
But then there also are the destructive passive-agressions,
such as the deniers who endanger everyone on board
- The deniers of climate change who want to continue to rape the planet for as long as they can squeeze an inch of money of pleasure out of it and then leave it up to others to rescue our only sinking ship.
- People who lack the intelligence to abstract that one in a quarter million coronavirus-infections still means that covid-19 exists, and that they can multiply logarithmically at any time; ignoring it, and thereby potentially contaminating others;
- Or the people who lack the maturity to share out of a goodness of their heart, thereby forcing cold capitalism onto all of us.
The worst is that you can’t do anything about it, because as soon as you try to convey your suffering; they aggressively shout you down in order to deflect their own feelings of guilt.
I guess the most constructive way to deal with it is to withdraw and vote with our feet by not behaving like them, buying from causes which fit our ethics, and setting a good example to open a door of inspiration to other receptive people of our kind(ness).
And a private note for my readers:
I just deleted 60% of all my obsolete followers who did not respond in any way since years,
and despite me wanting to delete all who did not click on my questionaire, I left all those whose blog I like
(despite the fact that some of you likers seem to click before even having read an article or watched a video)
So if you are a subscriber, consider yourself liked 😉